Friday, April 10, 2009

Kids Playhouse

I have been building a playhouse in the backyard for the kids.

It all started about a year ago when Jessica asked if I would build a
tree house in our back yard. I said our tree was not big enough, but I
would look at building a non tree playhouse. Being an engineering type
I told her about all the planning and design work we would have to do.

One year later I was taking Jessica to the hardware store when she asked
if we were going to get stuff to build the playhouse. Being a sucker I
immediately replied yes.

So I bought a bunch of wood and we went home and started working on a
little house. That was in late February. Six weeks later I have most
of the walls clad and am ready to spend my Saturday painting and putting
the roofing on.

Notice the beam over the windows. The idea is that when the kids get
bored of it, at least I will have a nice shed.

1 comment:

R, J and J Wallihan said...

I can't wait to see the clubhouse when we get home! It's gonna look great when Jacob and I paint it!
Jessica